National Service Scheme
The NSS Unit at DBIT aims at involvement of students on a voluntary basis in various activities of social service. Various social service programmes are implemented through regular activities. As the third component of education, the NSS is a part of academic, social, and personal lives of students at DBIT. It enables the young to actively give their contribution to the cause of the community and the nation, therefore assisting in the development of their personality.The NSS also equips students with the means to engage in a give and take atmosphere when it comes to the society and ensures that the student learns to contribute and move ahead as a community. The NSS Unit at DBIT aims at involvement of students on a voluntary basis in various activities of social service. Various social service programmes are implemented through regular activities. National Service Scheme (NSS) has been a part of DBIT for the last nine years (Since 2005). More than hundred and fifty NSS volunteers are involved in social activities in areas like Ghatkoper, Kurla and rural parts of Palghar and Raigad District.
Motto of NSS
The Motto of NSS `Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation for another person's point of view and also shows consideration to '/other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrine in this motto, which underlines/on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
Objectives of NSS
- 1. Understand the community in which they work
- 2. Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- 3. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- 4. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- 5. Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- 6. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- 7. Gain skills in mobilising community participation.
- 8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- 9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practise national integration and social harmony
Task for Volunteers
- 1. Visit to company’s website.
- 2. Finding the available position according to the job profile
- 3. Location wise
Identify the needy youth from the various institute/NGO/communities
- 4. Publish the information and linkages between companies and needy youth.
- 1. Connecting NSS Mumbai University NSS cell online- Designing and maintaining registration and enrollment forms, E Diary for NSS MU.
- 2. New design of NSS MU website.
- 3. Designing E journal for the St. Xavier's college SIP department
- 4. Designing business Application for the new entrepreneurs